UV-C Blinds Self-disinfecting blind systems
TAO Medical roller blind Powered and self-disinfecting with just a clickUV-C Blinds by TAO Medical help to drastically reduce hospital infections caused by bacteria and acquired through contact. They save time and money spent on treatment (of patients and visitors) and days of absence and re-organised shifts when infection affects staff. That’s why they are the perfect solution for hospitals, private clinics, nursing homes and care homes.
Infections in hospital are on the increaseCurtains and privacy curtains are among the touch points at the highest risk in a hospital. They are very quickly infected: in one week 92% of curtains are contaminated with bacteria*, causing an increase in nosocomial infections and their costs in terms of treatment and deaths.
* Study conducted by the Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City (USA), 2012
UV-C Blinds The curtain that protects from HAIsA possible response at this time is an invention by TAO Medical: a system so easy to use that it does not involve long disinfection procedures or require new chapters to be added to elaborate protocols. A simple push button activates immediate disinfection every time it’s needed, promptly reducing costs correlated to hospital infections, cleaning and cleaning staff.
UV-C Blinds is the first silent powered roller blind for cubicles and windows. It shields the light and provides privacy, but above all it contributes to the health of patients, visitors and staff. It incorporates a fabric disinfection system activated automatically every time the “disinfect” button is pressed.
UV-C Blinds is TAO Medical’s first product, created and industrialised in the TAO Tessile research and development laboratories. This Italian company produces prestige technical indoor and outdoor curtains for residential, collective and office use and holds numerous patents.
How UV-C Blinds workThe powered roller blind incorporating UV-C rays disinfects itself with just a click that activates a full cycle with UV-C rays on a wavelength of 254 nm. The process destroys the molecular links in the DNA of micro-organisms and makes them harmless. The fabrics used are fireproof, devoid of harmless substances and have a zipper to facilitate removing the cloth panel. As of today UV-C Blinds are the only definitive solution to the problem of disinfecting curtains that does not involve the times and costs generated by routine maintenance.
Microbial strains subjected to UV-C Blinds disinfection test
TAO Medical certified results for a single disinfection cycle show a 99% reduction (equal to 2 log) in contamination from the microbes investigated, all belonging to seven of the most common strains:
- Candida albicans ATCC 10231
- Staphilococcus aureus ATCC 6538
- Enterococcus faecalis (enterococco Vancomicina resistente) ATCC 51299
- Clostridium sporogenes ATCC
- Escherichia coli ATCC 8739
- Klebsiella pneumonie ATCC 10031
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa ATCC 9027
Two consecutive disinfection cycles increased reduction to 99.9% (equal to 3 log).
The control panel is simple and functional, also for visually handicapped people. It houses two controls for raising and lowering the cloth panel, a selection button for disinfecting the fabric, a control for unzipping the cloth panel when it has to be changed, and two warning signals in the event of faulty operation or for changing the UV-C lamp.
All the advantages of UV-C BLINDS For patients, visitors, staff, management and the communityTAO Medical certified results for a single disinfection cycle show a 99% reduction (equal to 2 log) in contamination from the microbes investigated. Two consecutive disinfection cycles increased reduction to 99.9% (equal to 3 log).
- Fireproof fabric, free of harmful substances and GreenGuard certified
- Contributes to reducing hospital infections
- Improves the health of patients, visitors and staff
- Can be used for windows and cubicles of any size
- Activated by means of a button
- Greatly simplifies maintenance
- Safe, durable and patented
- Reduces costs for treating infections
- Eliminates the cost of cleaning and disinfecting curtains
- Reduces corporate costs due to lost productivity
- Reduces the cost burden linked to prolonged treatment for patients
- No environmental pollution because chemical disinfectants are not involved
- No noise pollution because it works silently
News ed Events
Taomedical is presented at the MEDICA 2017, the largest international exhibition of technology and medical products. The 2017 edition will land in Düsseldorf on November 13-16. The recipients are the healthcare industries: IT / e-Health / telemonitoring solutions Electromedicine / Medical Technology Laboratory equipmentdiagnostics Physiotherapy
Some of our latest installations